How to Start a Shopify Store
Here we have drafted a Shopify tutorial: How to Start a Shopify Store to clear all hitches you ever had about the Shopify store setup. Still you are facing any problem then discuss with our expert for setup your store.
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is an ecommerce platform that allows to create own
online store. It provides with several themes that can be customized to meet
individual users’ branding requirements.
WordPress is good for Blog Website like that Shopify is good for ecommerce website. User can build ecommerce websites without technical or design experience.
As stated on their website, Shopify powers ambitious
entrepreneurs all over the world with more than 600,000 stores, 1,000,000+
active users and $72B+ sold on Shopify.
Shopify is most user friendly ecommerce platform like
How to Start Shopify Store For Free
- Shopify can start selling free for 14 days. No
credit card required.
- They have several plans to accommodate a wide
range of entrepreneurs with their most popular ones being basic shopify,
shopify and advanced shopify.
How much does it cost to set up a Shopify website?
- Here is an indication of budget you will need to get started:
- Shopify Online Store: $29 USD per month after the 14 day free trial
- Oberlo Application (if using Aliexpress): $29.90 USD per month if selling more than 50 items per month. If you are selling less than 50 items per month then Oberlo is free.
- Domain Name: $14 USD per year for a domain name registration
- Professional Email address: $5 USD per month
- Marketing budget (Facebook or other): $500 minimum, recommend $1,000 USD per month if marketing on Facebook.
Shopify Store Creation
- Pick a Name For Your Store
- Choose a Name for store or Shopify has the tool to generate the name. User can generate the name for the store.
- For generating the name visit the link.
- Enter a word that you want your business name to include then click on “Generate names”.
- Sign up for Shopify
- Click on “Start free trial” in the top right corner or the middle of the page.
- Enter the required details and click the ‘Create your store now’ button.
- Your store name needs to be unique or Shopify will ask you to choose something else.
- After this initial screen, you’ll be asked for a few more details, including your name, address, country and a contact number.
Setting up a domain for your store
- Shopify gives you a free domain name that looks like this mygeoxis.myshopify.com.
- For branding purposes it is advisable to have a shorter domain name, preferably “.com” that people can easily remember.
- Customers can reach your store by typing in your domain name.
- You have two options for domain purchasing:
- Firstly you can buy a domain from Shopify and it will be added to your store automatically. This is the easiest option and it saves you time.
- Second option is to buy a domain from a third party but you will have to redirect the DNS records yourself.
Branding: Free logo creation
- Shopify has a tool for free logo creation. This will help you with branding without spending tons of money for a designer. You can upload your logo if you have or there are many websites who offers logo creation. You can create a logo.
- Click get started to create stunning logos in seconds.
- Follow the straightforward instructions and provide an email address where your designs will be sent. Download the files and save them in a safe place for later user.
Theme Installation and Customization
- Shopify comes loaded with a default theme and you have the option of installing a free or paid theme of your choice.
- I recommend using the free shopify theme called Brooklyn. It’s mobile responsive, fully supported by Shopify technical team and used by many online stores.
Setting up a shopify store
- Before your site can go live we need to add a
few more details about company and how you plan to make deliveries and pay tax.
This section is all about the store settings you need to adjust.
- In the left-hand sidebar of your admin panel you
will see the menu to all your settings in Shopify. Start by clicking on the
menu link the lower left called Settings.
- Enter your business information. Store title,
business address, unit and currency settings.
- An ecommerce payment gateway is a service that
allows you to accept credit card payments securely online through your Shopify
store. Shopify connects to over 70 different payment gateways across the world.
- Using Shopify Payments powered by Stripe and/or
- Set what customer information is collected
during checkout, how the order is processed, and your return / terms and
- Shopify Admin helps you manage the delivery of
your goods to your customers – a very important aspect of your business! You
configure all your shipping settings, including features like free delivery or
customer pickup, from your Shipping page.
- When your shop is first created, Shopify sets up
some default tax rates for your own country (and its provinces, states, or
territories, if applicable).
- They do their best to keep the default tax rates
up to date, but you should double-check to make sure that they are current and
- Gift cards provide a flexible way for your
customers to purchase a gift for someone from your store, making it easy for
them to share their love for your brand while also maintaining full freedom of
choice. With Shopify, customers purchase gift cards the same way they purchase
any other product.
Choose what notifications are sent to you and your customers
You can upload and manage all your images in one area.
Shopify to sell your products using one or more online sales
channels. Each place where you are selling is like a channel that flows into
your business, helping customers from a variety of audiences find your
Manage your user account settings and add new staff accounts
to help you run your store.
Manage your billing information and update or upgrade your
You can generate some legal pages required for your store
In order to give your customers access to all the pages,
collections and blogs within your online store, you must link to each page in a
central place. Your store’s most prominently featured navigation is the main
A collection is any group of products (chosen by you) with
some feature in common that customers might look for when visiting your store.
Adding Products to your Store
Products are the meat and potatoes of your store. Without
products to sell, you can’t make any money! Products are often physical goods,
but they can also be a digital download (such as a movie, music or ebook file),
or a service (an extended warranty, equipment rental, customization of another
product or work for hire). Shopify keeps track of all of your products and
their inventory on your products page.
A product variant is a variation of a product in your store,
with differences based on elements such as size, color, material, etc. Let’s
say you have a store that sells t-shirts. You create your original product called
“t-shirt,” and product variants allow you to advertise the different colors and
Going Live with Shopify Store
Setting up preferences
You need to capture your homepage title and meta
description. This is what shows when your store appears in search engine
Google Analytics Shopify Setup
Google Analytics lets you track visitors to your store, and
generates reports that will help you with your marketing
Facebook Pixels allow you to connect your Shopify store to
your Facebook Ads account.
The last step is to remove your storefront password. This makes your store public to everyone on the internet.
If you are looking for Professional expert to setup you ecommerce website on shopify then you are write place. Share your requirement and we will take care your ecommerce website. We can done for you.