Mobile Marketing is a most effective marketing now days because the market of mobile industry is expanding very fast. To know about marketing in details Click Here
- “. . . using interactive wireless media to provide customers with time and location sensitive, personalized information that promotes goods, services and ideas, thereby generating value for all stakeholders” (Dickinger et al., 2005).
- All activities required to communicate with customers through the use of mobile devices in order to promote the selling of products or services and the provision of information about these products and services (Ververidis and Polyzos, 2002).
- Mobile marketing is marketing on or with a mobile device, such as a smart phone. Mobile marketing can provide customers with time and location sensitive, personalized information that promotes goods, services and ideas.
The 7 Unique Capabilities of Mobile
- The mobile phone is the first personal mass media.
- It is permanently carried media.
- The mobiles are the only always-on mass media.
- Mobile is the only mass media with a built-in payment mechanism.
- It is only media available at the point of creative inspiration.
- Mobile is only media with accurate audience measurement.
- Mobile captures the social context of media consumption.
What are Mobile Marketing?
- Communication and Promotional text messages from suppliers (e.g. reminders and offers from dentists, hairdressers, DIY stores use it to track customers)
- Sharing of Multimedia (picture, video) messages
Bluetooth and WiFi marketing
- Using ‘Free’ WiFi hotspots to share content (e.g. Café Nero, Costa Coffee with links to ‘The Cloud’, Sky Mobile).
Mobile applications (apps)
- Useful applications, often for location based or business use.
Mobile search marketing
Mobile display advertising
- Adverts on games and free apps
Mobile video advertising
- L’Oreal ads in magazines with links to ‘how to’ videos – often linked to QR codes
QR Codes and Barcodes
- Taking the offline online – adding codes to Posters, Magazine adverts
- Websites optimised for mobiles.
Mobile Phone Campaigns: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Phone is personal and nearby
- Increase sales by catching people when watching TV, out with friends and away from the PC.
- Catch shoppers on the move and in a hurry
- Engage direct with customers
- Measurable results to campaigns
- Measure sales via mobile
- Mobile sites can be cheap to construct
- Basic QR codes are free to create
- Marketing can be seen as an intrusion if poorly executed.
- Depends on device.
- May need to adapt campaign for device (smartphone vs feature phone).
- Apple and Android dominate the market.
- If creating a game it is difficult to gain attention unless popular and gains viral attention.
10 Steps in Mobile Marketing
- Objectives – What do you want to achieve?
- Strategy – What are the business goals?
- Channels – What’s appropriate for the target audience?
- People – Who is involved? E.g. In house, agency?
- Creative Concept – Who will develop the concept?
- Programming – Any technical help needed?
- Timing – Any critical factors?
- Budget – Plus any extra carrier charges, licenses for ringtones or images?
- Promotional Plan – How will the target audience know about the campaign?
- Action Plan – Who is doing what, when and where?
Benefits of Mobile Marketing
- Extend your business model into mobile
- Take advantage of the rapid growth m-commerce
- Drive greater engagement and revenue
- Drive traffic from smartphones and tablets to your m-site and app
- Choose from a large range of mobile affiliate campaigns.
- Market leading and flexible commissions, including CPA, CPL and CPI.
- Simple, easy to integrate SDKs for all major mobile platforms.
- Tracking of sales, leads and installs across desktop, mobile site and mobile app.
- Real-time tracking and visibility for all mobile activity.
- Optimize your earnings from all mobile inventory.