- Internet Marketing is the marketing of products or services over the Internet & it ties together creative and technical aspects of the Internet, including design, development, advertising and sale
- Internet marketing is used by companies selling goods and services directly to consumers as well as those who operate on a business to business model.
Types of Online Marketing:
- Paid Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Pay per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate marketing
- Non Paid Marketing (Organic Marketing)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Email marketing is promoting products through the use of email.
- There are 2 main ingredients to an effective email marketing campaign.
- They are to build a large list of people you can email and to write great emails
- The emails should be packed with free value.
- They should move people to buy what you’re trying to sell.
- Yet another but important and crucial marketing trend that has brought a huge aberration in our society
- In 1999, Blogger was launched .
- Blogging as an ardent marketing tool has really blossomed in the last some years.
- Businesses, companies and even superstar now use blogging system for huge promotion
Pay per Click Marketing
- You have to pay for PPC ads.
- When targeted word words are searched for on a search engine such as Google your ad will appear.
- But you do have to pay every time your ad is clicked on.
- You need to make sure you do your homework and find out how to effectively use PPC.
- Otherwise you can easily lose a lot of money in a short amount of time.
- But if you do learn how to use PPC effectively then you can make a lot of money just as fast
- Affiliate marketing is a type of performance–based marketing in which a business rewards one or more AFFILIATES (PARTNERS) for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliates own marketing efforts.
- The owner of the online shop and the owner of the website sign an agreement according to which the former advertises his products on the website of the latter and gives him commission for each sold product.
- Affiliate marketing connects online merchants and independent websites in the role of affiliates or partners. They are so called commercial agents or sales employees for the products of certain shops.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the activity of optimizing Web pages or whole sites in order to make
them more search engine friendly, thus getting higher positions in search results.
Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a form of internet advertising utilising search engine results to promote brands and websites.
- It is a paid media where advertisers bid of specific search keywords that when typed in, their ads are shown.
- The technique of creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to attract, acquire and engage a clearly defined target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action. –Joe Pulizzi the Content Marketing Institute