How You Can Design A Website For Your Personal Brand?
Every personal brand must have the necessary tools to protect your work with greater professionalism, and this is achieved through the use of platforms and materials that are tailored to your needs so that you can optimize your profile and at the same time be trending in the digital world.
One of the necessary tools is to have a website that has the ability to project your personality, who you are, what you do, where you come from, and where you are going. Nowadays people are not used to getting involved with websites, because social networks make everything much easier, a platform and there you can get everything in real-time, instead websites are a little more exclusive and are not a tool that knows how to use every one.
However, a personal brand that has a website says a lot, projects exclusivity, professionalism, high standards, and elegance as long as we adapt the personality of who we are through good design that speaks for itself.
Do you think the same?
This post is to encourage you to be today the day you design your own website focused on your personal brand, but first I want us to be able to define together the concept of personal brand, which is very different from that of a commercial or business brand.
Definition of personal brand
A personal brand is defined as any brand that has the ability to influence, execute, and manage through content, emotion, or traces in a group of people. But we know that every trace has something that identifies it, none are the same, they have different curves. The same occurs in the market with personal brands.
No personal brand is the same because each of them has an essence and a personality that makes them unique.
What should a personal brand project on a website?
Many of my followers when they realize that they have the need to create a website for their personal brand, the first question they ask me is: But what should I put?
And well, here I bring you a small guide that I know will help you gather ideas and make it clear what it takes to have your website.
Who you are?
If your website does not accurately reflect who you are, you are designing a website with the wrong approach, so I recommend writing on a sheet all those things that identify you as a personal brand.
What do you do?
What do you take care of? Reflect each of the things you do. If you are a specialist, musician, student, blogger, influencer, cook …
To be clear, you must demonstrate your personality and all your essence.
What do I need to create a website for my personal brand?
- Logo: (We recommend having it in Vector or PNG format) If you do not have a logo, you can do it through www.canva.com (PNG format only).
- Color palette: (Maximum 3 colors with which they feel identified with your brand). You can take advantage of this Adobe tool that is very useful to find the palette that suits your personal brand.
- Graphic elements: (icons, infographics) You can download them here www.freepik.com and www.flaticon.com
- Content: (text copies, images, videos, etc)
- Website structure: That is, how do you want your website to be distributed? Home, biography, image gallery, blog, contacts, etc.). You can view different references from your favorite blogs.
Now is the time to design your website!
- This time we will teach you how to use the WordPress platform. Enter the website https://wordpress.com/ and click on “Start creating your website”
- Enter your details and then register.
- Select the My Website option located in the top menu.
- From the left side menu Select “Plan”.
- Choose between one of the two plans “Personal or Premium” Make sure you are in the category “Blog and personal pages” at the top of the plans.
- When choosing it, but the domain you want to work with (www).
- After you have selected your plan, find a theme that matches what you need.
Upon obtaining your plan, the platform will give you two options “Free or Premium Themes”. There you can locate in the menu that is on the left side in the option that says “Design”.
Step # 8: It’s time to set up your theme. After you’ve chosen the theme, start setting up the main options with your color palette, logo, background, info, and content.
Step # 9: Add a plugin. Many people fail to notice the importance of plugins on our website since it depends on them that our website performs well.
The plugins that can not miss on your website are:
Step # 10: Create content. The funniest part is here! To start we invite you to click on the option “Pages” and then “add new”. Put the title of “Home” or “home” so that it is the page that people will see when they enter your website.
We recommend that the startup website may have a good distribution of content from your personal brand since it is the first thing they will see about you and you must make a good impression. We recommend adding content of the following type:
- Your favorite phrase or by which other people recognize you.
- Reflect your color palette but don’t overdo it.
- Make a good balance between images and text.
- If you have images with a filter, keep in mind that it matches your color palette.
- Welcome words and relevant things they will find on your blog.
Step # 11: Make your menu. Whatever you do as a personal brand, your website will need to have a header menu or structure, where users will be able to see your content in categories more easily.
Here I recommend some menu options:
- About me (About your personal brand)
- Blog (You can have sub-categories)
- Image gallery
Step # 12: After creating your menu, the time has come for you to train so that your personal blog website can be one of the best, for this, we need to obtain knowledge and be constantly learning.
Raunak is a Mechanical Engineer by qualification & Marketer by passion. He is the founder of Maiden Stride, a leading digital marketing company that provides world-class search engine marketing services and website & application development.